Deck Deck of Many Cards

Friday, May 11, 2007

Champion's Games: Bloodbath and Beyond

My Age of Worms campaign resumed last night after a six week hiatus. The party just entered the Champion's Games with the team name Bloodbath and Beyond (not original, unfortunately, but funny).

I spent Monday through Wednesday taking care of my new daughter and my two-year old son, so I had some time to get things organized. I put together two sandy WorldWorks Masterboards for the arena floor, and two rows of stands along the sides. I forgot to put miniatures in the stands as spectators, but I'll correct that for next week.

We got to try out the Critical Hit deck for the first time. The duskblade got two critical hits in one round with his elven court blade, shattering the jaw of an opponent and then killing them with a bewildering array. The urban ranger got one critical hit with his dragon rifle which gave him a bonus to AC, and then another critical hit with his axe, which caused his opponent to provoke an attack of opportunity from the duskblade, who promptly rolled a 1.

The Combat Pad was also new to the table, and it served well despite the fact that we only had one combat. I need to get some finer point dry erase markers, but this is definitely a step up from the index cards we were using, which did not allow you to see who was up next.


Now reading: Dungeon 147 (bullywug lich!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home